Setup and Equipment: Break students into 6 teams, each student has a basketball and has some dribbling experience.
- The object of this activity is to get students a lot of practice dribbling a ball.
- Teams line up and the line follows the leader at the front of the line.
- The teams will “snake” around the gym in without crossing through another team.
- Their leader should move at a steady pace and try to keep the team together.
- If someone loses their ball, they can retrieve it and return to their place in line.
- When the teacher blows the whistle or stops the music, they can state the command, “Rotate”. This will mean that the first person in line goes to the end of the line and everyone moves up one spot. Each team now has new leader to follow.
- Continue until all students have a chance to be the leader.