Setup and Equipment:
- Oompa Loompa Music from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
- Golden tickets: Yarn balls will work
- Four to five players are chosen to be taggers.
- Taggers have the “golden ticket” and attempt to tag the other players.
- When a player is tagged, they lean down and hold onto their ankles and become an Oompa Loompa.
- Now, they begin to look for other Oompa Loompas.
- The Oompa Loompas find each other by walking while holding their ankles.
- When two Oompa Loompas find each other they hold their hands high and make a bridge.
- When a third Oompa Loompa walks (while holding ankles) under the bridge, then all three of these players become free and return to the game.
- Play continues for one to two minutes.
- The next game starts after the “old taggers” hand their golden ticket (tagging ball) to the”new taggers”.
Alternative Base: Set an area in front of each wall with cones about 10-12 feet apart and 3-4 feet in front of the wall. Students may rest for 3 seconds for a base. They can stay for 10 seconds if they move next to the wall for calf, hamstring or quad stretching.