Setup and Equipment:
- A variety of balls and other objects can be used. Doing a bounce pass with a basketball is a good place to start. Students are spaced out around a square grid such as a four square floor design.
- Team of players are set up at the corners and lines outside of a four square floor design. For larger groups everyone will need to take a step or two back to accommodate everyone.
- The first player passes a ball to someone across from them (Note: Not next to them unless they are the last player)
- The second player passes the ball to someone across from them.
- This continues until everyone has the ball at least one turn.
- It is important to remember who passes you the ball and who you will be passing to.
- To learn names, you can also have students call out the name of the person they are passing to.
- After your team can successfully pass the ball in a continuous fashion, the starter may add another ball.
- Additional balls can continue to be added as long as the team is successful.
Tip for Success: Do not watch the ball – watch the person that passes you the ball.