Setup and Equipment:
- Four soft red balls for the “cupid – its”
- Practice the hug: Lean forward with two soft taps
- Practice the Macho Hug: Do a thumb handshake with two hand taps on the other person’s back
- Practice becoming a “heart” by lifting arms (elbows up) above their heads and pointing their hands downwards to the top of their head.
- When a person is tagged they stand frozen in this position.
- The “cupid – its” attempt to tag players by throwing or tagging them with the red ball
- If a player is tagged, they stand frozen in the “heart” position
- A heart is unfrozen and the player returns to the game when another player gives them a hug – or a “macho hug”
- Continue the game by having the “old its” pick “new its”until turns are completed by each student.