This game is from the Project Adventure Curriculum. Check out their website: http://www.pa.org/
Setup and Equipment:
- Whiffle golf balls (simulated popcorn)
- Break the class in half. 1/2 = bouncers, 1/2=chasers. With four color teams: 2 teams are bouncers and two are chasers
- The game is set up in the center circle in the gym. An empty pail is set up in the center (absolute) of the circle. The “bouncers” sit on the black line that circles around the pail (about three feet from the pail).
- The job of the “bouncers” is to sit on the center circle line in the gym and attempt to bounce the balls into the bucket. The attempt works best with one bounce. However, with younger students (K,1,2) you will probably need to make an exception to this rule.
- The job of the chasers is to retrieve the balls that the teacher throws into the air and roll them to their classmates who are the “bouncers”. Chasers are not allowed to bounce balls into the bucket.
- The game begins when all of the chasers circle around the teacher who has a full bucket of golf whiffle balls which are thrown at once high up into the air. (Note: A surprising number of students will like to stand close and have these balls land on their heads!)
- Chasers may not run with the balls, but must roll them to their classmates in the center circle.
- The teacher will time this activity.
- When the last ball is bounced into the empty bucket, the time is stopped and now the class should change “jobs”.
- The bouncers are now the chasers and vice versa.
- The teacher will start this game in the same manner as before and time it again