Teach these a few at a time while students move around the gym by themselves. The music stops whenever it’s time to teach a new set of skills. When you get to the partner section, students pick someone close to them.
Group Formation: Spread out on the floor with space between you. Move around the gym in a clockwise direction (random style if group is capable).
- Stomp Clap: Stomp one foot and clap to the Music: An Angel Went up in Flames
- Hit the Lonesome Trail: Walk/strut to the Music: Turkey in the Straw
- Turn One Alone: Pivot around one time while moving. Music: Ol Joe Clark
- Cyclone: While walking turn around 2 times and continue walking. Music: Ol Joe Clark
- Pony Express: Do the step twice as fast Music: Boil the Cabbage Down The Grascals
- WildHorse: Keep one foot in front and gallop like a horse around the gym. Music: Wild Horse by RaeLynn
- Riding a Horse, Lasso: Wrist over Wrist Gangman Style PSY
- Honor Your Partner: Face your partner and bow. Music: Salty Dog Blues Grisman
- Circle Up Two: Join hands and skip in a circle. Music: Rocky Top
- Elbow Turn: Do right arm turn, then left. Music: American Folk
- Horse and Jockey: Stand one in front of the other, back partner’s hands are on the shoulders.
- Gallop together. Music: William Tell Overture Wee Sing
- Change Jockeys: Switch places.