Equipment and Setup:
- (Use Soft Soccer style ball or beanbags )
- One ball or beanbag for each student
- Chose partners – Decide who will be the tunnel to start the activity. The partner will be moving around the gym and try to close all of the tunnels by moving their ball or beanbag through tunnel.
- The people who are “tunnels” may pass a ball to themselves in the air, while the other students are dribbling their balls. If you’re using a beanbag, the tunnel can just throw and catch with themselves.
- The partner will get a ball and begin to dribble with their feet in the playing area. If you’re using a beanbag and just throw and catch in the air, or practice sliding it.
- When the activity begins half of the students will dribble their balls on the floor, and attempt to pass a ball through as many tunnels as possible. If you’re using beanbags, you’ll slide it through the legs.
- The “tunnel” students should count how many balls or beanbags pass through their legs.
- When five balls or beanbags have passed through a tunnel, that tunnel is closed and they sit down.
- When all of the tunnels are closed, everyone sits down.
- Partners connect with each other and change positions. There are new tunnels and new people moving to see how quickly they can close all of the tunnels.
- Teacher may time students, then see if they can improve the time it takes to shut down all of the tunnels.
- Variation: Tunnels open and close (jumping jack style)