Setup and Equipment:
- Six Relay teams and one baton or ball to designate current runner.
- One hula hoop for each team (in the middle of the gym in line to the opposite wall).
- About thirty balls are in barrels or on a ball cart near the opposite wall.
- On teacher’s signal, one student from each group runs to the original stash of balls at the opposite wall and dribble one ball to their teams hula hoop.
- The dribbler then runs back the their team’s line and hands them the baton.
- When all of the balls are gone from the original stash, players may now take them from the other team’s hula hoops.
- Students may not take balls from the hoops that are directly next to them (on either side)
- There is no guarding of the hoop
- Dribbling challenges such as changing from dominant to non-dominant hand or doing a crossover dribble may be added.
- The object of the game is to have as many of the balls in your team’s hoop when the teacher signals that the game is over.
- When the teacher stops play, the second phase of the game begins.
- Now, players will return the ball to the ball rack one at a time. The other teams may help the team with the most balls to return their balls.