Setup and Equipment
- Use the lines in the gym to designate a large area in the gym that is the lake.
- You may want to add some ropes to corners of squares to make the lake wider.
- Students will be moving around the bank of the lake. They’ll need to follow the teacher’s directions.
- When the teacher says, “lake” jump with 2 feet into the lake.
- When the teacher says, “bank” jump with both feet, but land on one foot and balance.
- Use locomotor skills: walk, power walk, jog, skip, grapevine, funny walk, backwards walk
- Occasionally say lake, when you’re in the lake and bank when you’re already on the bank.
This is a fun warmup, so just jump to the right place whenever you were fooled with the direction.