Floor is setup in a scattered fashion with polyspots, domes, hula hoops and balls (in hula hoops)
- Warmup: Students get a ball and begin to dribble with their feet anywhere in the playing area.
- On Teacher’s signal students trap the ball on as many different polyspots as possible
- Each time they trap a ball on a spot they earn one point
- After one minute, check with students to see how many points they earned
- Repeat activity to see if they can improve their score
- Add targets (used in Take a Chance Games)
- If a target is knocked over they lose a point
- Students get a ball and begin to dribble with their feet anywhere in the playing area.
- At the beginning of this activity the students have zero points
- The object of this game is to have zero points at the end of the game
- Music starts and students dribble at any speed they chose
- When the music stops, they are expected to trap the ball under one foot
- The students get a point if they are unable to trap the ball within the teacher’s count of one, two.
- A point is also earned for bumping another ball or bumping a cone
- After playing for awhile, start the game back at zero points again
Close the Tunnel
- Students get a ball and begin to dribble with their feet in the playing area
- On teacher’s signal – half of the students stand in a wide straddle position.
- These “tunnel” may pass aball to themselves in the air, while the other students are dribbling their balls.
- The other half of the students will dribble their balls on the floor, and attempt to pass a ball through as many tunnels as possible.
- The “tunnel” students should count how many balls pass through their legs.
- When five balls have passed through a tunnel, that tunnel is closed and feet are together.
- When all of the tunnels are close students change positions.
- Teacher may time students, then see if they can improve the time it takes to shut down all of the tunnels.
- Variation: Tunnels open and close (jumping jack style)
Driving with Style:
- As the students are dribbling on the floor they must follow the following driving rules:
- Going for a Drive = Dribble in area
- Stop Light = Trap the ball
- Around the block = Dribble around hoop
- Flat Tire = Stop ball with stomach
- Out of Gas = Toss and catch the ball
- Race Car = Dribble faster, but in control
- Delivery Truck = Dribble around a cone and back
- Parking Lot = Leave your ball and get a new one
- Rush Hour = Dribble while changing lanes often
- Curvy Road = Dribble in a curvy pattern
- Hilly Road = Dribble four to five touches, then trap
- Billboards = Keep eyes up