Equipment and Setup:
- The Music from the movie: Toy Story – Infinity and Beyond
- Students spread out in Scatter Formation
- You may want to set up cones to designate the area that you want the students moving around
- The students first must chose which of the toys from the Toy Story movies they want to be. Common choices are: Buzz Lightyear, Mr. Potato Head, Army soldiers, Woody, and Barbie. If they haven’t seen any of the movies, they can just chose the name of any toy.
- Start the music and the Teacher says, “All Clear”.
- Now, the students begin moving around the gym as a character in the movie.
- When the music stops and the teacher says, “Andy’s coming”, students should freeze in position and continue to look like their character.
- You may have students guess what character their classmates are imitating when they are frozen.
- Continue stopping and starting with the “All Clear” and “Andy’s coming” signals.
- You can change levels (low/high) or locomotor skills such as skipping, hopping, galloping, walking slowly, or running.