Balloon Keep it Up
- Grade level: 2nd and up
- Equipment: one ball or balloon for every group of four to six students.
- See how long your group can keep the ball in the air, or count consecutive taps.
- No one may tap the ball twice in a row.
- Other ways to tap, elbows, shoulders, punches
- Variation: Everyone must tap the ball once before anyone can tap it again softly.
- Use the verbal cue “tap”, instead of “hit.” Try to stay in your own area.
- Variation: Play one group against another. See which group can keep the ball up the longest.
Balloon Tap Race
- Equipment : Balloon for each team,
- Split each team in half, so there are 2-4 on each end of the gym.
- The ball is tapped in the air and each person on the first team take turns keeping the balloon in the air in an attempt to move the balloon to the opposite end of the gym.
- When the balloon reaches the other end of the gym the balloon is passed to the other half of the team, while the 1st half of the team takes their places at that end of the gym.
- How many times can your team move the balloon to the opposite end in 4 minutes.