Setup and Equipment:
- Small round balloons. At minimum, you could fill one balloon for every two students.
- When we have eight classes, fill up at lead twenty balloons for each class. That about 160 balloons. You can double that number if they break easily.
- Fill balloons so that they would be easy to throw and catch fit in the palm of one hand.
- Fill the balloons ahead of the event and store in pails or laundry baskets.
- Make two lines: One line is the stationary line and one is the rotating line. Do these lines for third grades and above.
- Line up red and blue teams next to each other in one line.
- Line up yellow and green in another line facing the other line about shoulder width apart.
- The person across from you will be your partner. Adjust the lines, so that everyone has a partner.
- Walk down the line and hand one water balloon to everyone in one of the lines.
- Do not throw the balloon until the signal from the leader.
- When the leader gives the signal, throw the water balloon forward and back.
- Take a step back and toss the water balloon again, forward and back.
- Wait for the leader to signal when it is time to move back one step.
- Then, wait for the leader’s signal before throwing the next water balloon.
- Continue as long as you can!
- For the older kids add having the rotating line move down one person after each toss.
- The person at the end, then runs to the beginning and has a new partner to toss to.
The Most Fun Is Still Winning!