Setup and Equipment:
- Four empty water buckets: One for each team at the opposite end (20 ft.)
- One big container of water in the middle
- 16: Small cups to carry the water in
- One red, blue, yellow, and green cones or spots to designate teams.
- Line up, relay style behind the cones, with all teams facing the buckets at the other end.
Round One: Run to fill the Bucket:
- Teams line up behind the cone or spot of their color team for directions:
- The first person on each team has a cup to carry water in.
- Run to the center water container, dip your cup to get some water, now run to the bucket at the opposite end and dump it into the bucket.
- Run back, hand the cup off to the next person in line and go to the end of the line.
- Continue until one team fills the bucket.
- Remember the most fun WINS!
- When the cup gets to the last person in the line, they run all the way back up to the front, where the pattern of over/under passing continues.
- When everyone on the team has returned to their starting positions, they should sit down.
- Continue to take as many turns as you can in five minutes.
- You can do some comparison of the buckets to see who has the most, if it seems important to the group.
Round Two: Bucket Brigade:
- Team members stand side to side, next to each other:
- One full bucket at one end. One empty bucket at the other end.
- Pass the full cup of water down your line, passing side to side.
- When it gets to the last person in line, they put the water in the bucket, then run with the empty cup to the opposite end and fill the cup with water and send it down the line.
- You may want to add additional cups, to fill the bucket faster.
Additional Ideas: If you finish the relays, you could repeat one of them, to see if they could do it faster.
Pass the Water over your head and to the person behind You. Good for Hot Day!