Setup and Equipment:
- Line up a red and blue cones in front of one basketball hoop and the yellow and green cones in front of the other hoop about 30 feet from the hoop (just outside the free throw circle) facing the basket.
- A pile of polyspots are lined up on the free throw line.
- Students line up behind their color team cone to start.
- One basketball is given to the first person on each team. Note: We have basketballs that match the color teams.
- On the start signal, one player from each team will dribble up to the basket and shoot the basketball.
- If they miss the shot, they have one more opportunity to make it.
- If both shots are missed, they must dribble back to their relay team and pass to the next player in line.
- If the shot is made on the first or second try, the player should pick up one of the polyspot and bring it back to their team.
- Dribble the ball back to your line and pass it to the next player, then go to the end of the line .
- Remind players that they must dribble to and from the wherever they shoot the basketball from.
- At the end of the game, teams may count up their points.
- If the game is going slowly, you can add one basketball for each team, so more people are getting turns at the same time.
- The Most Fun Wins!
Earn Points Variation:
- Set up the spots before the game starts, you may have some students help with this. Choose two colors (for example green and yellow) spots and set them up farther from the basketball hoops. These spots are now worth 10 points each.
- The rest of the spots that are located closer to the hoops are now worth 5 points each.