Setup and Equipment
Sixteen golf tubes, four tennis balls, various cones, stepping stones, and hula hoops, etc.
- Four Teams lined up behind their color team cones.
- Line up some obstacles: cones, stepping stones and hula hoops and other items that you have in a line in front of each team’s starting cone. At the opposite end of the starting cones place a second cone for half of the team.
- This a shuttle relay, so half of each of the four teams start at opposite ends (more turns this way).
- The first two people in each line have a torch (golf tube) to start.
- On the signal the first person on each team moves through the obstacle course while holding their torch (golf tube) with one hand while balancing the ball on top. Two hands can be used for the younger students.
- If they drop the ball off of the golf tube, simply pick it up and return moving across the course.
- If someone knocks over an obstacle, they must stop and fix it before moving on their way.
- Once they reach the other side, they pass the ball to the first person in the line and hand the golf tube to the next person in line and go to the end of the line.
Object of the Game: How many turns can each person get? How many turns can your team get in 5 minutes?
Additional Options: Balance other types of balls or other items.
- Can you balance the golf tube on the palm of your hand and move?
- Can you carry two golf tubes?
- Additional balance items also available.
- For some of the older grades, you could also dribble a basketball, or kick a soccer ball around the obstacle course.
The Most Fun Wins!