Setup and Equipment:
- Each member of a Color Team (red, purple, green, yellow, orange, green) stands inside of a hula hoop that is the same color as their team (if possible).
- Hula Hoops are spread around the floor.
- Students move their hoops by making short steps from within their hoops.
- The teacher calls out a color team and announces that this color team is the “Arctic Wind”.
- This designated color team attempts to tag others by bumping their hoop into a different color hoop.
- Once a hoop is tagged that student stands frozen with arms extended.
- They may be unfrozen with a “high five” or a hoop tap from one of the teams that is not the “Arctic Wind”.
- Each turn will take one-two minutes.
- Continue until everyone has a turn.