Great Wall of China
Setup and Equipment:
- Pick three people to be the taggers (guards) on the Great Wall of China (center line in the gym).
- The taggers may only slide back and forth along the line. Both feet must stay on the line.
- Taggers tag with a gentle touch with their hands.
- Music: Frantic Dance of Golden Serpent
- All other players line up across the end line of the gym.
- When the music begins (Music of China) players try to cross the great wall.
- Stop the music when the players have made it to the opposite end line.
- When players are tagged they join the Great Wall of China line.
- If students lag in getting to the other end, the teacher may want to count down from five to one.
- When music starts, players try to cross the “Great Wall” and return to the other side.
- Continue until the “Great Wall” is impossible to cross.
- Pick new guards and play another game.