- At least one hula hoop for each student in class.
- Spread out hula hoops randomly on the floor.
- Students stand in a hula hoop – Music starts and students begin a loco-motor movement.
- Skipping, galloping, slide-step, jogging
- When music stops, students stand in a hoop and balance on one foot.
Ready, Set, Go:
- Move into as many hoops as possible by:
- Jumping in and out on two feet
- Jumping in and out on one foot
- Jump in on two feet and touch the floor
- Jump in, lift hoop over head, jump out
Take Hoops to Gym Homes (Designated personal space)
- Stand tall on one foot
- Low balance on one foot
- Hop on 2 feet out of hoop – Hop back in – 10 times
- Hop on one leg out of hoop Hop back in – 10 times
- Skip around hoop forwards
- Skip around hoop backwards
- Jump up and do a 360% turn
- Hoop Spinning: Balance hoop with top hand and roll it forward
- Back spin technique Bring hoop backwards to the side
- Throw the hoop forward, flick wrist to create spin
- Roll your hoop backwards then try to catch it on your foot
- Partner Hoops: Roll your hoop with a partner at the same time
Cinchy Relay: 1/2/3/4/5
- Teams line up in relay style
- The teacher rolls 4 hula hoops to the end of the gym
- The students pick up one of the hoops and return it by putting it over a large orange cone that is set up in the middle near the starting line
- Go to end of line after turn