Limbo dancing is a dance that is originally from the island of Trinidad, although Hawaii is often mistakenly referred to as the birthplace of the Limbo dance.
Setup and Equipment.
- Limbo Pole 3 ft.
- Limbo Music
- Single file line starting with the Green, followed by yellow, blue, then red
- Stand two feet from the stick, bend your knees, and lean backwards so your chest is facing up. Inch your way toward the stick
- Shimmy your body back and forth while leaning backwards. Try not to touch the stick or lean forward.
- Once you’ve made it through, you may circle around back to the end of the line and try going lower.
- When you miss (everyone will eventually!) Just cheer on your classmates or try some hula hoop tricks.
Depending on Time: Leaders might want to have the Yellow and Green teams do the limbo and the Red and Blue teams hula hoop for a couple of minutes, then switch.