Equipment and Setup:
- One Hula Hoop for each student.
- Set cones (at least four) up as the outline for the circle.
- Spread students out in a large circle that allow for student movement.
- Today you are going be driving a car with a large steering wheel (hula hoop).
- Hold your hoop in front of you, like you’re driving a car.
- First, you must learn the rules of the road as you move your car around the cones on “Gym Street”.
Music Playlist and Directions:
- Car Start and Drive Away Snow: Turn the key or tell Siri to start it: Start your engine!
- Grease: RED Light – Stop – Stop your car and wait.
- You Make Me Feel Like Dancing: School Zone – Skipping happily!
- You Can’t Stop the Beat: Yellow light – Move slowly
- I’m a Gummy Bear: Tunnel – Walk low to the floor
- Don’t Stop: STOP – Stop your car
- Life Is a Highway: Highway – Move faster, jogging and running
- Yakety Yak: Oil Slick – It’s very slippery, so be careful. Quick turns
- Sirens-Remix (Sound Effect) Highway Police! – Pull over to the right.
- I’m Walkin’: Flat Tire – Hop on one foot
- Banana Song (From the Minion Movie): Potholes – leap over the holes
- Vehicle Reversing Beep: Reverse – Walk backwards
- Happy: School Zone – Skip backwards in Reverse